8 December, 2012
Easy Sausage Balls
Yields: About 5 dozen walnut sized balls, about 1 cup of dip
1 pound Tennessee Pride ground sausage
3 cups Bisquick
4 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
⅛ tablespoon pepper
1 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon mustard
1 Tablespoon honey
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray two baking sheets with vegetable oil cooking spray.
3. Combine the sausage, Bisquick, Cheddar and pepper in a large glass bowl. Mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly. Form into 1 inch balls – about the size of walnuts – squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between the palms of your hands to form balls.
4. Place the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. To prevent sticking, turn the balls with tongs halfway through cooking.
5. To make the dip, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Serve with sausage balls.
Adapted from a recipe by Paula Deen.
These are great for parties and covered dish gatherings.
Other great dipping flavors include ketchup, your favorite barbecue sauce or a sweet and sour sauce.